Prospective Ph.D. Students
Dr. Schleider is happy to discuss the lab's current and future research directions with prospective Ph.D. students! Please email with any questions or for more information, including a CV and a brief description of your interests.
Dr. Schleider hopes to accept a new PhD student for fall 2022 matriculation.
More information about Stony Brook University's APA- and PCSAS-accredited clinical psychology doctoral program is available here. The application submission deadline for students applying for the 2022-2023 academic year is December 1, 2021.
For general information and guidance about applying to doctoral programs in clinical psychology, see:
- Mitch's Uncensored Advice for Applying to Graduate School in Clinical Psychology, provided by Dr. Mitch Prinstein, UNC Chapel Hill. A staple for those considering applying to graduate school in clinical psychology, from determining your best-fit career path to deciding between offers from Clinical PhD programs!
- Getting Into Psych Grad School, provided by the Council of University Directors in Clinical Psychology. Fantastic guide from Directors of Clinical Training at Clinical Psychology PhD programs across the country.
- Open Access Tips/Materials for Clinical Psych PhD Applicants, provided by Mallory Dobias, B.S. A collection of open-access pointers, timelines, and materials—from sample e-mails to prospective advisors to 'before' and 'after' personal statements—from a PhD student in our lab!
- Master Calendar: 'Notify By' and Interview dates, U.S. Clinical PhD programs. Updated annually by Directors of Clinical Training at U.S. Clinical Psychology PhD programs.
- So You Want to Go to Clinical Psych Grad School? ...Or Something? Slides from a lecture I made for Stony Brook undergraduates on considering careers in clinical psychology and allied disciplines. Includes info about different career options and degrees; preparing to apply for PhD programs; and how to obtain research and clinical experience.
- Examples of Clinical Psychology Personal Statements. This document includes a number of real examples (including mine!) of personal statements written for applications to clinical psychology PhD programs.